Welcome to Moving Mangoes! Where we share our our tips and resources with you on two subjects we are DEEPLY passionate about: Eating Plants and Asian Food & Culture.
- Learn how to begin and sustain eating plant-based (all of our resources and recipes are also fully vegan)
- Get inspired by our budget-friendly Asian-inspired dishes (Thai, Indian, Vietnamese, Malaysian)
- Explore Asia through our videos and posts about our experiences, through our travel guides, ingredient highlights and more
- Learn sustainable practices to use in cooking, traveling and every day life
We are excited to share our passions with you, so we can continue to grow our understanding, knowledge and mindfulness of food and different cultures together.
Andrew & Caryn
A few tid-bits about us:
- Caryn grew up in Chicago, Illinois and Andrew grew up in Santa Cruz, California. We’ve both lived in Denver, Colorado for the last five years (which is also where we got married!).
- We started eating vegan plant-based in early 2014, and became even more informed, compassionate, and conscious consumers. That is when our original blog, Veggie Campus, was born (more on that below).
- We’ve both lived and traveled extensively throughout the world, but some of our best memories of food and travel are in Asia. Andrew spent 4 years of his life living in Southeast Asia, and I had the fortune to travel throughout Asia for work.
- In July, 2017, we left our jobs to start our own business and live in Taipei, Taiwan for one year. This allowed us to explore Asian culture more in-depth, and travel to different countries from a central location.
- Moving overseas was a long-time goal and risk for each of us. Our desire was to open our minds, embed ourselves within a new culture, and pursue careers that matched our passions. In just one year our perspectives on everything broadened and changed. Thus, Veggie Campus morphed into Moving Mangoes to further express our love for not only plant-based education, but to bring in more of our passion for Asian culture and cuisine.
- Our backgrounds are in training and management consulting, marketing, videography and nutrition.